CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Help Understanding Grizzly Mini Mill Specs

Posted by ron ginger
on 2000-05-12 07:27:41 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, jshroff@h... wrote:
> All,
>
> I am not familiar with the machining terminology and am having
> trouble interpreting the specs on the Grizzly site for the Mini
Mill.

> The site claims this mill can do "up to 1/2" drilling, 1/2" end
mills
> and 1" facing" does this mean only have Z travel of 1/2" and X,Y
> travel of about an Inch.
>
> Could someone explain whats the maximum X,Y,Z heights I can machine
> on a grizzly mini mill.

I think it simply means that they include a 1/2" drill chuck, and a
1/2" mill collect,

The Grizzley has a head that travels up a Vway, There is no quill as
in other mills, the entire head moves. The total range is over 10
inches, but I dont recall the exact measurement..

The table travel is about 12" in X and 5" in Y. The table size is
about 14"x3". I can make accurate measurements when I get home if you
need them, but there are within an inch.

ron

Discussion Thread

jshroff@h... 2000-05-12 05:25:12 UTC Help Understanding Grizzly Mini Mill Specs ron ginger 2000-05-12 07:27:41 UTC Re: Help Understanding Grizzly Mini Mill Specs jshroff@h... 2000-05-12 08:22:50 UTC Re: Help Understanding Grizzly Mini Mill Specs