CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CPNC Product Requirements Doc

Posted by Vance Buhler
on 2000-05-12 14:23:15 UTC
>Robert Wrote
Ok, now who has the information needed to work on getting DXF 3D face
entity's into a G code. I can get the info out but that is as
>far as I got. Now it has to be massaged with some math to get some type of
contour path.
>Robert Ash

1. Haven't done any programing since Comodore 64 days but I wonder if it
would be worthwhile somewhere down the line to add the ability to download
IGES and/or STL files from solid modelers Turbo-cad Solid Modeler for
instance ($100). It's kind of a Conversational 3D drawing program that
makes doing some 3D pretty easy. Many of these files could be designed to
be cut with 2 1/2 axis machines-

2.Paul Devey wrote:

> Can CPNC be used for desinging work that is ultimately built using a
lathe?

Check out www.cadem.com also about ($100) . Claims to be 'Conversational'
too probably not exactly what Ron has in mind but worth a look.

...Vance Buhler who's also building a 3 Axis Router, full sheet size, in
Osoyoos B.C.

Discussion Thread

Robert 2000-05-12 06:37:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CPNC Product Requirements Doc Vance Buhler 2000-05-12 14:23:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CPNC Product Requirements Doc