CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Port Problems---same as above

Posted by kadeshan
on 2004-10-29 20:52:19 UTC
Yeahhhhh....I figured it out. I set the step and direction pins
wrong. When putting together the camtronics breakout board, I didn't
look at the directions. I just put it together and soldered it. I
put the 2 blocks on the side opposite the numbers. So I just looked
on the other side and figured that they would correspond. Not so. I
figured it out by pulling the db25 out of the computer. Takeing
volmeter set to check continuity and held one end on the dir/step pin
of each axis, then taking the other end of the voltmeter and started
touching pins on the db25 cable. So as i found the right pin I
looked to see the number stamped by. Maybe my stupidity will help
someone else.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "kadeshan" <kader@v...> wrote:

> I am also have port problems. I am using mach 2 and have gecko
> 320's. I have 5v coming from pc power supply. When I measure
voltage
> off direction pin while jogging machine, I get from 0 volts to .2
> volts, I believe I should have 5 right? I know the computer works
> fine, as I had a cnc setup hooked to it, and just sold it to buy
this
> new setup. I did have to buy a new db25 cable, that wouldn't be it
> would it? I pulled the cable out of the pc, and checked continuity
> from the pins to the drivers step and direction terminals, and
> everything is good to go there. I have proper voltages at the
> drives, and everything else works properly. I have the right
printer
> port enabled in mach2 setup, but running out of clues

Discussion Thread

kadeshan 2004-10-29 13:04:07 UTC Port Problems---same as above kadeshan 2004-10-29 20:52:19 UTC Re: Port Problems---same as above Art 2004-10-30 19:02:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Port Problems---same as above