CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Heidenhain DRO - 7pin to 9 pin?

Posted by Tim Leech
on 2004-11-08 03:50:07 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Leech" <timleech@d...>
wrote:

> I've got a mill with an old Heidenhain DRO, LS500 scales and the
> simple low, flat display like a cassette deck. The display has
failed
> on one axis.I picked up a slightly later counter, type VRZ 731B
> thinking it might do the job, but the sockets for the scales are
> 9-pin
> as against 7-pin on the existing scales.
> Anyone know if the two are fundamentally incompatible, or whether
> they
> could be made to work together with a bit of rewiring?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tim

As a follow -up to this,
I've now established, after a bit of digging on the Heidenhain site,
that the extra pins are for a 'reference pulse', there was a version
of the LS500 (LS 500R) which used this facility, also a 9-pin version
without it. The main signals are apprently similar. The question then
becomes 'will the newer display work without the reference pulse?'
BTW my scales are 6-pin, not 7-pin. Monday morning brain malfunction
<g>

Cheers
Tim

Discussion Thread

Tim Leech 2004-11-08 01:31:57 UTC Heidenhain DRO - 7pin to 9 pin? Tim Leech 2004-11-08 03:50:07 UTC Re: Heidenhain DRO - 7pin to 9 pin?