CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: step[p]er feedback?

Posted by Andrew Werby
on 2000-05-15 11:25:10 UTC
From: "Tim Goldstein" <timg@...>
Subject: RE: steper feedback?

EMC can do it and I believe DeskNCrt (A DOS port of EMC) can also read
encoders for a closed loop stepper.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

[I'd be extremely interested in this, but checking their website, it seems
that currently it is limited to interpreting 200 lines of code, maximum. It
doesn't say anything about encoder feedback on the site
<http://www.deskam.com> either. While I suppose one shouldn't expect too
much of a beta download, it also says it outputs step and direction, unlike
EMC, which (as was recently explained to me) directly controls the motors.
Is this a feature that was stripped out for the DOS port? Or is this just a
port of the EMC stepper program, the servo program being different? Does
anybody know when this will be fully functional and available for sale, and
how much it will cost?]

[MaxNC does have a system to control up to 4 closed-loop steppers, but it
is tied in to its particular machines- I'm not sure it is exportable to
control other types of motors/encoders. What is the difference between a
"unipolar" driver and any other type, and what's bad about it?]

Andrew Werby
http://www.computersculpture.com

Andrew Werby - United Artworks
Sculpture, Jewelry, and Other Art Stuff
http://unitedartworks.com

Discussion Thread

Andrew Werby 2000-05-15 11:25:10 UTC Re: step[p]er feedback?