CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Yeager Automation CNC PRO

Posted by zephyrus@r...
on 2004-11-17 14:51:00 UTC
At 12:40 PM 11/17/2004 -0800, Russ wrote:

>I think the Lite version of cnc Pro, would be just fine... just need a
>straight forward controller, that ez to set up, and reliable.

CNCPro is overall a nice controller. I just became frustrated with some
aspects of it and the fact that it is not being further developed/improved.

The other thing that the Lite version lacks (besides constant velocity)
that I forgot about is drill cycles. If you do a lot of drilling you might
want to consider the pro version anyway. The other things the Lite version
lacks are subroutines and parametric part programming, which would only be
a factor if you hand-write gcode and want to produce families of similar
parts.

There is a CNCPro Yahoo group, so you might also want to join that and look
through their archives. I left that group back in February so there might
be some recent news I don't know about (but Doug's site doesn't look like
it has changed any...)

I don't use limit or home switches on my machines (they're little
stepper-driven Sherline lathe and mill and a Techno-Isel gantry) so I can't
comment there.

Best regards,

Randy

zephyrus@... http://www.prototrains.com