CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 498

Posted by Armilite@a...
<<Message: 1
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 02:34:53 -0700
From: Mark Fraser <mfraser@...>
Subject: Epoxy shrinkage

As an indicator that shrinkage is a concern to at least some,
Brownells (get their catalog even if you *hate* the NRA) sell a product
billed as a low-shrinkage compound for (presumably) filling voids in
some parts of some firearms. Sorry, I've forgotten the name...
The second indicator is the apparent need for a zero shrinkage epoxy
for bonding ultrasonic transducer wafers to the stainless steel
tanks used in ultrasonic cleaners. The "regular" stuff presumably
suffers partial unbonding during cure. 3M don't sell it in normal
sized tubes (55 gal drums!) for the handyperson....

The Brownells product apparently has a high density filler, but
I can't imagine the need for same in the bonding application.
(....wonder if Moglice would work on those tanks.....) / mark

Hey Mark:
What the hell does Brownells have to do with the NRA anyway? Why do you
*hate* the NRA? And NO, I'm not an NRA member either. I would just like to
know why you would make such a stupid, misinformed, statement here in this
group about an oraganization that has done more for child safety with their
young eagles classes and lobbying congress for better child safety laws, laws
also to punish the criminals not the law-abiding citizen's, let a lone trying
to protect Your Second Amendment rights under the Consitution of this here
United States of America! Which hundreds of thousands of American men and
women have died to protect to give You and me them Freedoms. You're a
disgrace to this great nation of ours and to the men and women who have
fought and died protecting it, for such misinformed citizen's as YOU! Why
don't you try a little less *hate*, and educate your self on the facts. Sorry
group for getting on the political bandwagon I couldn't let this go.
Jason

Discussion Thread

Armilite@a... 2000-05-19 08:22:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 498 Armilite@a... 2000-05-19 08:30:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 498 Darrell 2000-05-19 10:26:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 498 lawrence jackman 2000-05-19 11:03:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 498