CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Maximum load motors can handle

shadi_salhab_78 wrote:

>Hi All,
>Recently , I have purchased servo motors from Ebay . (120 VDC , 700
>Oz.In holding torque, 1200 RPM 1/4 Horse Power ) I, am planning to
>drive them with Rutex 990H ,
>The question is what is the max. load these motors can handle ? ie. :
>what is the biggest mill I can operate with? ( for feed of 120
>IPM)

I think you can run a Series I Bridgeport with these motors. You may want
a belt reduction of 2:1, as the standard 5 TPI leadscrew only needs to turn
600 RPM to achieve 120 IPM. You will have to tolerate some rounding of
corners
as these motors have limited capability to accelerate the machine rapidly.
If you use a smaller machine, the acceleration will be greater due to
less mass.

shadi_salhab_78 2004-12-09 00:27:23 UTC Maximum load motors can handle Jon Elson 2004-12-09 09:59:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Maximum load motors can handle