CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Visual Mill and EMC

Posted by snuckleton
on 2004-12-20 06:21:05 UTC
Keith,
Thanks for your help. Along these same lines, I am getting an error
message from EMC when I try to Verify a program. I get a dialog box
with an error message, but no line number. Is there a way to see
what line number it is complaining about?
Thanks

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Rumley"
<DSCadCam@y...> wrote:
> > Is anyone using Visual Mill with EMC? Is there a postprocessor
for
> > EMC for use with Visual Mill?
>
> I do.
> Not on their web site.
>
> It isn't hard to adjust a post-processor to fit EMC from whatever
CAM
> program. There are two things to look for:
>
> 1. If you are using '%' at the start and finish of your programs,
make sure
> the post-processor inserts those with your generic start/finish
> codes/comment. The '%' method uses the current MDI settings.
> Otherwise, when use an M2 at the end of the program. Beware that
M2 will
> reset everything to assorted defaults, and the G54 coordinate
system. Up
> until recently, the M02 interaction with G92 offsets was broken.
(And G92
> was, to a certain extent)
>
> 2. Set the comment delimiters to parentheses.
>
> The other caveat that sometimes crops up - the output g-code file
needs to
> be standard ASCII. Some CAM programs use CR-LF end-of-line
characters, but
> EMC doesn't accept that. VisualMill works well with EMC.
>
> HTH,
>
> Keith

Discussion Thread

snuckleton 2004-12-19 19:00:12 UTC Visual Mill and EMC Keith Rumley 2004-12-20 04:50:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Visual Mill and EMC snuckleton 2004-12-20 06:21:05 UTC Re: Visual Mill and EMC Keith Rumley 2004-12-20 11:49:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Visual Mill and EMC snuckleton 2004-12-20 13:24:34 UTC Re: Visual Mill and EMC