CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] brushless servo amp

on 2000-05-21 12:40:28 UTC
bfp wrote:

Snip...

> I have just updated my page at http://home.earthlink.net/~bfp/ with files
> for milling the tri bridge power amp board
> I used a plotter to draw the traces for the prototype so I have not yet
> tried the NGC files
> on a real mill
>
> Brian

Brian,

I milled the traces for your power amp board today on my router. They
seem to be
ok. I am not sure that I will build one, I was just seeing if my machine
would
be able to do it (read playing). I was unable to figure out what size
tool
to use so I tried a small 1/4 round engraving bit to start but it was
too big
so I used a 1/8" dia Dremmel conical rotary file. It doesn't leave a
very nice
finish but a quick sanding of the board when it's done cleans it up
nicely. I
imagine cutting the fiberglass will dull the bit pretty quickly. What is
the
normal tool used when cutting circuit board material? You have some
pretty
small traces there so it needs to be quite small. The code is not very
efficient as it goes from one end of the board to another cutting
fragments of
traces here and there. They all connect up in the long run though.
Nice job

Bill

Discussion Thread

bfp 2000-04-09 18:14:37 UTC brushless servo amp paul@a... 2000-04-10 05:12:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] brushless servo amp paul@a... 2000-04-10 08:16:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] brushless servo amp William Scalione 2000-05-21 12:40:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] brushless servo amp bfp 2000-05-21 16:46:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] brushless servo amp