CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PC Interface with Anilam Crusader Series-M

on 2005-01-04 14:41:35 UTC
On Tuesday 04 January 2005 01:47 am, henseljames wrote:
> A friend has a Brideport with this Anilam 2 axis setup. It is
> programable from the console. There is a RS232C port in the
> Console -- looks like a printer port to me.

On this you might want to verify just what it is exactly that you're dealing
with...

Early equipment, including terminals, external modems, and some of the
control stuff you guys talk about in here with "RS232C" ports used female
connectors on the equipment, and male connectors on the cables, at both
ends. When IBM came out with the original PC, for some reason they decided
to reverse this and use male connectors for the RS232 ("serial") ports, and
a femail DB25 for the parallel printer port. The signals, protocols, etc.
are NOT the same!

A handy way to test this stuff is to get one of those little testers available
at Radio Shack and elsewhere that contains a bunch of LEDs. That'll also
help a lot with figuring out the proper wiring for the cables, etc. Email
me offlist if you want more info on this...

Discussion Thread

henseljames 2005-01-04 07:14:06 UTC PC Interface with Anilam Crusader Series-M Roy J. Tellason 2005-01-04 14:41:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PC Interface with Anilam Crusader Series-M