CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: D&M mill

Posted by Carl
on 2005-01-08 08:16:54 UTC
I have software that works great in it, all but the backlash.
I'll send you a copy if you want, it actually works pretty good, I just want
it to work better. I am presently trying to figure out how to tell my
computer that the AGP port it uses is actually the printer port (although
that may be a waste of time.) I also had to redo the ballscrew bearings, it
had .017 slop in it, got it down to .002 by making a preloaded bearing, so
if I could get the backlash to work, it would be all good.

----- Original Message -----
From: "bmachinist" <bmachinist@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 9:54 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: D&M mill

> I own a mill similar to yours, unfortunatly the software I have
> dosn't work. Without working software I am trying to figure out the
> electronics so I can replace the circuit boards and reuse the power
> supply, and motors. If you want any info I have found, or want to
> help me, just email me.
> Brett
> bmachinist@...
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" <mvd00108@m...> wrote:
>>

>> Does anyone have experiance with a CNC of this type?
>> I bought a D&M 6 last year, and have used it quite a bit, although
> the
>> backlash
>> program I got with it does not work, and it uses it's own card to
>> communicate w/ the operating computer,(in DOS) so the newer
> programs that
>> are availible
>> usually use the printer port to communicate with the CNC and
> don't seem to
>> want to work with mine.
>>
>> http://www.labvolt.com/training2.asp
>> mine looks a lot like the 5600.
>>
>> these people have bought out D&M, but don't offer any support.
>> I am looking for anyone with experiance with these type mills,
> good or bad.

> timg@...
> Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
> [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
> if you have trouble.

> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for
> OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

Carl 2005-01-03 00:43:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] D&M mill Carl 2005-01-04 07:16:11 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] D&M mill bmachinist 2005-01-07 13:55:04 UTC Re: D&M mill Carl 2005-01-08 08:16:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: D&M mill R Rogers 2005-01-08 13:26:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: D&M mill