CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: D&M mill

Posted by R Rogers
on 2005-01-08 13:26:53 UTC
Bmachinist,

Why deal with all the old components? Just swap it all out with Mach2 on a PC with Bob Campbells breakout board and Gecko 320's. The Geckos are rated at 80 volts and 20 amps so you might have to limit the voltage going to your servos but you'll only lose a bit of speed and not any torque. Sure better than doing all that research to find out there is little or no support available.

Ron

Carl <mvd00108@...> wrote:

> I own a mill similar to yours, unfortunatly the software I have
> dosn't work. Without working software I am trying to figure out the
> electronics so I can replace the circuit boards and reuse the power
> supply, and motors. If you want any info I have found, or want to
> help me, just email me.
> Brett
> bmachinist@...
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" wrote:
>>

>> Does anyone have experiance with a CNC of this type?
>> I bought a D&M 6 last year, and have used it quite a bit, although
> the
>> backlash
>> program I got with it does not work, and it uses it's own card to
>> communicate w/ the operating computer,(in DOS) so the newer
> programs that
>> are availible
>> usually use the printer port to communicate with the CNC and
> don't seem to
>> want to work with mine.
>>
>> http://www.labvolt.com/training2.asp
>> mine looks a lot like the 5600.
>>
>> these people have bought out D&M, but don't offer any support.
>> I am looking for anyone with experiance with these type mills,
> good or bad.

> timg@...
> Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
> [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
> if you have trouble.

> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for
> OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto: aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it if you have trouble.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links