CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] line #

Gene wrote:

>Jon Elson wrote:
>

>>Gene wrote:
>>

>>>How would you start the program from a specific line # in EMC ver.
>>>2.2.18? Thank You.
>>>

>>Click on the file pull-down menu, and select edit. A window appears
>>with the
>>current CNC program displayed in it. Scroll down to the place you need
>>to restart from, and click the "run mark" button. It will ask you to
>>confirm
>>"run from line xxx?". Confirm it, and then when you go back to the main
>>window and hit the "R" key, or the run button, it will scan through the
>>program
>>to find out where the machine should be at the beginning of the selected
>>line,
>>and will move to that position. Then, it will pick up machining from
>>that point.
>>
>>(Yeah, we know it is cumbersome!)
>>
>>Jon
>>

>>When I do this it starts from the specified line ok, But the feed in almost 0. even with the override all the way up to 120 it is still too slow.

I'm sorry, I don't follow what the problem is. What is too slow? The
feedrate override has no effect
on the scanning of the G-code program to get to the point you want to
start off at. It is possible
that some combination of slow feedrates at some points in the program
may cause the feedrate
of that synthesized move to the beginning of the first program block to
cut to be done very slowly.
I agree, I have seen that, too, once or twice. It was not so slow that
it really mattered to me.
If you have some REALLY slow feedrate specified in your program, like
0.001 IPM, maybe that
is the cause. Or, maybe, that synthesized move is done at the currently
set jog rate. If your jog
rate is set very slow, you might try turning that up before restarting
the program the next time,
and see if that is what is causing it.

Gene 2005-01-18 15:58:31 UTC line # Jon Elson 2005-01-18 19:53:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] line # Gene 2005-01-18 20:37:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] line # Jon Elson 2005-01-19 10:14:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] line #