CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC - Lathe???

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 2000-05-26 08:20:04 UTC
I am using EMC on a Shoptask 3 in 1 machine. I use it in both mill and lathe
mode. To use it as a lathe I stick with the mill axis's of X & Y instead of
the traditional lathe set-up of X & Z. I have set-up my CAM program (Vector)
to convert from the lathe type coordinates to the mill type. It works great,
but I don't think you can do hard threading at this point even if you have a
spindle encoder in place.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

Tim Goldstein 2000-05-26 08:20:04 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC - Lathe???