CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G code diffferences?

Posted by Darrell
on 2000-05-26 12:14:50 UTC
Some of the differences are in the way they handle arcs and circles, some M
codes are different, some have their own special G Codes.
Arcs and circles:
I, J & K values can be signed incremental, unsigned incremental or absolute.
(FANUC 6M uses signed incremental, Bridgeport BOSS 5 can use unsigned
incremental and some BOSS controls can use absolute.)
G Codes:
One example of this is Bridgeport's G79 boring command. You use this with a
"J" parameter that is equal to the radius of the circle minus the radius of
the cutter. You feed down at the center of the bore then issue the G79 J1.25
for instance, and the cutter feeds at a 45deg to a point then does an arc to
a point tangent to the bore, feeds around the full circle, then does an arc
feed back towards the center, then feeds at a 45deg back to the center.
M Codes:
M06 is the normal (to me) tool change code. I have seen M16 used. Other M
Codes have to do with programmable indexers and other special functions
which is why you should be able to modify your post.
I haven't checked EMC for code compatibility with FANUC but it should be
close.
Darrell