CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need advice on Intellicad download offer.

Posted by Codesuidae
on 2005-02-15 22:13:54 UTC
Peter wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Because yahoo spam filter often place innocent emails like gmail
>invites into the bulk filter, I am obliged to wade thro' the mass of
>spam, and came across this one which I am very tempted to respond to.
>
>--------------------------------------
>Free OFFICIAL update of Intellicad 5.0 to 5.1 for all Intellicad
>5.0 customers is now available for download for free. THIS NEW
>VERSION HAS MANY BUG FIXES To obtain instructions on how to get your
>free download, please send an email to upgrade@...
>containing your WEB order number, email address and name. We will
>then send an email to you with your download instructions.
>--------------------------------------
>
>What stopped me is the url etoolbox.com which may or may not be an
>innocent site. Hope to get members advice.

The administrative contact for etoolbox.com is Mr. Thorkil Strigel with
a contact address at MSN. He is listed as one of the board of directors
of the IntelliCAD Technology Consortium
(http://www.intellicad.org/aboutITC/BODandOfficers.asp) and is
associated with CMS IntelliCAD Software (http://intellicadms.com/).

Admin contact for IntelliCADMS.com also lists Mr. Strigel, with a
contact address at harveyint.com.

Harveyint.com is also registered with the same Strigel contact with the
MSN address found on the etoolbox.com site.

A search on the name turns up strigel.org family website, which has
domain reg info that is consistant with the others.

So the domains look ligit anyway. Not sure why they would be using an
unfinished site like etoolbox.com instead of the CMS IntelliCAD
website. Perhaps you could contact them and ask.

CS

Discussion Thread

Peter 2005-02-15 18:16:30 UTC Need advice on Intellicad download offer. Codesuidae 2005-02-15 22:13:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need advice on Intellicad download offer. Codesuidae 2005-02-15 22:18:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need advice on Intellicad download offer. Gary Davison 2005-02-15 22:48:38 UTC Re: Need advice on Intellicad download offer. stcnc2000 2005-02-16 07:24:54 UTC Re: Need advice on Intellicad download offer.