CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] [CAD-CAM-EDM-DRO]Emco Mayer mills

on 2000-05-30 16:39:28 UTC
5 phase steppers , for sure, they are considered the best,
and cost the most.

Steve

----------
From: Chris Paine <chris@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] [CAD-CAM-EDM-DRO]Emco Mayer mills
Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 4:25 PM

I work for a small firm in the UK. they have just bought out another small
firm so the boss can retire, Among the machines that arrived are small Emco
mills, I think the no.300 is on one I cant remember the model numbers but
the tools are around a turret mounted vertically (top facing) these are
stepper motor machines. I have been told they often blow a driver board
when
switched on and I have one to see If I can do anything, It has 10 BUZ73 's
along the edge for one axis, does this make sense to anyone? can you have 5
phase steppers? anyway a .3 ohm R had gone pop and a small fet behind it
(probably the buz 73 infront of the resistor first?) anyone Know about
these
machines ie. common problems or solutions?
Chris Paine East Grinstead UK
chris@...

Remember the good 'ol days
http://click.egroups.com/1/4053/3/_/423600/_/959729306/