CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: G-code to DXF converter

Posted by davideggy2
on 2005-02-20 14:48:58 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Alan Marconett <KM6VV@a...>
wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I suspect you are saying that you will move the table, and log the
Gcode
> produced. If you have that, then you can import the Gcode to a
CAD/CAM
> program, and backplot. Backplotting gets you into the CAD
program, and
> from there you can save as a DXF file.

Alan,
Thanks for your reply.
Backplotting sounds like what we need. I'm using a cnc router table,
not a rotary table, so maybe it will work for me.
A local boat builder brought us hundreds of parts to duplicate on
our cnc router. They have been using templates and bandsawing them.
Rather than spend the time measuring and drawing, we thought we
could use the router to generate the g-code. We could then cut the
part, but we want to be able to nest as many parts per sheet as we
can. The router will nest for us, but only with dxf files. Thus the
need for a g-code to dxf converter.
Dave

Discussion Thread

davideggy2 2005-02-20 10:53:31 UTC G-code to DXF converter Alan Marconett 2005-02-20 12:45:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G-code to DXF converter davideggy2 2005-02-20 14:48:58 UTC Re: G-code to DXF converter