CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Accuracy of CNC Mill

Posted by Les Newell
on 2005-03-01 00:59:51 UTC
One trick I used to bore a parallel hole was to use a single point
boring tool held in a collet chuck. The tool was moved in a shallow
spiral to bore the hole. With this technique the tool loading is the
same all the way down so you don't end up with a tapered hole. The
finish was pretty good and the hole was within about 0.0004 diameter +
ovality. It was quite slow and I needed to creep up on the finished
diameter, taking a number of cuts to reach the diameter I wanted.

I really must make an adapter to fit my boring head on the CNC...

Les