CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Good parts or Junk? Opinions needed

on 2000-06-02 10:53:48 UTC
Robert wrote:

> I have these salvaged parts, some images are at these pages. I need
> opinions on what good they may be for CNC homebuilt gear or robotics.
> http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/e/s/esccmail/dc1/dcdrive.html
> http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/e/s/esccmail/bldc/bldc.html
> http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/e/s/esccmail/kewltech/ct.html
> http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/e/s/esccmail/parts/motors1.html
> http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/e/s/esccmail/parts/sensors1.html
>
> Robert Ash
> esccmail at bellsouth dot net

Robert, i looked at your stuff and i get the impression most of it is
too small, maybe it's just hard to tell looking at pictures. I
personally find reverse engineering an electronic board to be nearly
impossible without the schematic, but maybe you can get those when they
throw away the copier. If you are building something small, like a
pcboard milling/drilling machine of small size then i think lots of it
may be of good use.
I didn't really post to tell you the above, but because the "arc
stepper" ,kewltech link, was the most interesting moter i have seen in a
while. What did they use that for?
eric

Discussion Thread

eric unterhausen 2000-06-02 10:53:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Good parts or Junk? Opinions needed Robert 2000-06-02 14:24:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Good parts or Junk? Opinions needed