CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Good parts or Junk? Opinions needed

Posted by Robert
on 2000-06-02 14:24:41 UTC
Thanks for the looksee and opinion, I have inserted comment in your reply
below
----- Original Message -----
From: "eric unterhausen" <eek105@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Good parts or Junk? Opinions needed

> Robert, i looked at your stuff and i get the impression most of it is
> too small, maybe it's just hard to tell looking at pictures.

Yes alot of it will go to some robot club, I am still snapping pictures and
trying to add more of the larger stuff. A goal may be a light plasma cutter
or router. I guess you look for voltages above 24, maybe 60+.

> I personally find reverse engineering an electronic board to be nearly
> impossible without the schematic, but maybe you can get those when they
> throw away the copier.

Yes it is, about all I have done is insure the existing driver and motor
work by massaging the inputs to the MPU and I have found that the translator
is always needed since the processor does the timing. I guess I will still
need to build up a board. I normally take parts out if usable to a point.

>If you are building something small, like a
> pcboard milling/drilling machine of small size then i think lots of it
> may be of good use.

About all the room I have in my 8 x 16 hole.

> I didn't really post to tell you the above, but because the "arc
> stepper" ,kewltech link, was the most interesting moter i have seen in a
> while. What did they use that for?

I think it was a large hard disk, but I really can't remember to be sure, it
gets a lot of attention.

Robert Ash

Discussion Thread

eric unterhausen 2000-06-02 10:53:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Good parts or Junk? Opinions needed Robert 2000-06-02 14:24:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Good parts or Junk? Opinions needed