CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Galil - G code Frontend

Posted by Fred Pompei
on 2005-03-01 23:11:07 UTC
Hi lazercadman,
If you know Galil , G-code and VB, you could write a class in VB to
interpret one to the other.
Done it many times. You put a reader and a writer in the class.
Open the G code file, Read a line(block), interpret and assemble a new
string, write line to file( in Galil code).
You could run straight from the interpreted code if you are adventurous(
would be slow dependng on overhead).
Better to write to file, easier to debug as you build the interpreter.
You don't need all G or M codes in it( or all the Galil code), only the
ones you use.
You can always add new codes as you need them.
Do it once, use it often.
Email me direct if you would like a sample. I'm not sure this is what
this list does.
I'm new here.
Good luck.
Best regards,