CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Servo pricing

Posted by lazercadman
on 2005-03-09 14:01:07 UTC
I check Ebay for servo motors and amplifiers. Motors are plentiful
and you can get some from $20-$100 each depending on what size.
Servo amps are almmost the same. I use brushed DC motors and amps. I
also have picked up some brushless for upgrading later.
If you go with Gecko amplifiers and compatible motors, which are
servos, you can use inexpensive PC stepper software and be quite
happy. I use a Galil control because I have experience with them at
work and you can do fancy programming and have plenty of I/O for
extras features.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ww58022" <ww58022@y...>
wrote:

> OK. So servos seem to be the way to go. What should I expect to pay
> for servos and controllers? I've got a BP I'm looking to convert.
Are
> we talking $50 each, $100 each?
>
> What make/model/source of motors looks to be a good fit? Like the
> others in the group this machine is to be used in a home workshop
and
> not to earn a living.
>
> Thanks in advance for your response.
>
> DC

Discussion Thread

ww58022 2005-03-09 11:24:32 UTC Servo pricing lazercadman 2005-03-09 14:01:07 UTC Re: Servo pricing Polaraligned 2005-03-09 16:58:25 UTC Re: Bridgeport Servo