CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bridgeport Servo

Posted by Polaraligned
on 2005-03-09 16:58:25 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ww58022" <ww58022@y...> wrote:

> OK. So servos seem to be the way to go. What should I expect to pay
> for servos and controllers? I've got a BP I'm looking to convert. Are
> we talking $50 each, $100 each?
>
> What make/model/source of motors looks to be a good fit? Like the
> others in the group this machine is to be used in a home workshop and
> not to earn a living.
>
> Thanks in advance for your response.
>
> DC

For a BP I would expect to pay $150 or more for real servos with
encoders included. You need something with 600 oz-in peak torque,
or better. Figure gearing 3:1 at this torque level. I would stick
with Rutex or Gecko drives also, unless you KNOW what you are
getting on E-pay. The Gecko's are really well supported.

Scott

Discussion Thread

ww58022 2005-03-09 11:24:32 UTC Servo pricing lazercadman 2005-03-09 14:01:07 UTC Re: Servo pricing Polaraligned 2005-03-09 16:58:25 UTC Re: Bridgeport Servo