CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sieg Mill Mods are CNC retrofit

Richard Garnish wrote:

>Here's one option:
>
>http://www.stirlingsteele.com/millplans.html
>
>Certainly not the only way to do it (I'm not sure I like the Z axis
>design - ballnuts are not intended to be rotated around the shaft; the
>lubrication system is designed to work with the shaft rotating) but
>there are many people out there who have converted their mini mills,

Bridgeport used this technique on at least the X and Z axes of the BOSS
machines.
Especially on the X axis, it was to prevent whip of the long screw.

jymmm 2005-03-10 11:01:58 UTC Sieg Mill Mods are CNC retrofit Richard Garnish 2005-03-11 09:53:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sieg Mill Mods are CNC retrofit Jon Elson 2005-03-11 19:46:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sieg Mill Mods are CNC retrofit