CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: “Elementary, My Dear Watson”…Its Electronics for CNC!

Posted by garageboy21
on 2005-03-11 22:39:33 UTC
Hi There,

I have learned alot of my electronics from these great little books by
Forrest M. Mims III. They are called "engineers mini notebooks" and
have a whole bunch of great electronics projecs/info and are easy to
read. They cover everything from lightbulbs to fairly advanced logic
circutry.

It's almost better than kits, you can just get the parts, and start
building!

hope that helps,
Cheers
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "luke1027home" <luke1027@p...>
wrote:

> I want to introduce my sons to Electronics.
> Since we Home School our boys and I know near nothing about
> Electronics and/or reading Schematics I thought the best way to get
> them started would be an Electronics Kit that has Basic Projects
> (Hands On) already defined. A Basic Electronics Kit that would have
> detailed Illustrated Instruction manuals that will go into a step-by-
> step process of learning Electronics. I also feel I can work with
> them on this to learn myself as well.
>
> My Question to the Group is this:
> Does anyone know where I can purchase a QUALITY Electronics Kit (with
> Hands On Projects) that would train one to learn and build confidence
> in most of the Basic skills needed to start understanding
> Electronics? The Goal here
> is to gain enough Electronic Skills to build a Table Top CNC Router.
> Not just to build this
> CNC, but to understand the Electronics behind the
> Power supply, Controller Drives, motors, and switches needed to make
> CNC work.
>
> I am considering this kit:
> http://www.alliedind.com/91500.htm
>
> Thanks for any advice or pointers.
>
> Luke

Discussion Thread

luke1027home 2005-03-07 03:50:23 UTC “Elementary, My Dear Watson”…Its Electronics for CNC! turbulatordude 2005-03-07 07:26:11 UTC Re: “Elementary, My Dear Watson”…OFF TOPIC garageboy21 2005-03-11 22:39:33 UTC Re: “Elementary, My Dear Watson”…Its Electronics for CNC!