CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need help letting go.

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 2000-06-05 06:43:41 UTC
The absolute best I have used is a 2 step process. First wax the mold with
special mold release wax. I have been using Partall paste #2 by Rexco. It is
about $8.00 for a aprox. 1 quart tub. You then spray the mold with a PVA
solution. PVA is polyvinyl alcohol I believe. It comes as a thick liquid and
I thin it down 50/50 with 90% isopropyl alcohol. PVA forms a thin plastic
film on the surface of the mold. Once you release the part the PVA will be
stock to it. PVA is water soluble so you just wash it off with soap and
water.

I got my supplies from a local shop that sells resin, fabric, and the
required supplies. You can also get these items from
http://www.fibreglast.com/

I have tried other release systems and been generally disappointed. Green
wax and PVA has never let me down.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

joe 2000-06-05 06:13:01 UTC Need help letting go. Tim Goldstein 2000-06-05 06:43:41 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need help letting go. Robert 2000-06-05 07:08:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need help letting go. scott3d3@a... 2000-06-05 07:46:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need help letting go.