CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: GCode Editor

Posted by Bengt
on 2005-04-06 07:12:19 UTC
Hi Tony,
to my understanding this feature is on its way in Sheetcam, ask this
at the Yahoogroup and you get answers.
Bengt
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "tonywoodathome"
<tonywoodathome@t...> wrote:

> Frustrated.....
>
> Can anyone recommend a good visual GCode editor, I have searched
the web and found many that claim to be the best only most fall very
short of the mark. My needs are simple, I design in DesignCad Max
3D, export to .dxf then import in to sheetcam, however I need to add
snap out tabs to the GCode. When the file is short this is easy
however as the files get bigger finding the correct place to break
the line is more time consuming. I would like a editor that has a
relationship between the graphic view of the part and the GCode so I
can click the line I want and it highlighted in the text making
changes easier.

> Anyone out there seen such a tool, I would appricated and pointers
>
> Tony

Discussion Thread

tonywoodathome 2005-04-06 06:56:15 UTC GCode Editor Bengt 2005-04-06 07:12:19 UTC Re: GCode Editor Fred Smith 2005-04-06 12:36:29 UTC Re: GCode Editor John Stevenson 2005-04-06 14:18:37 UTC Re: GCode Editor Jørgen Ditlev Christensen 2005-04-07 10:10:45 UTC GCode Editor