CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: GCode Editor

on 2005-04-06 14:18:37 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "tonywoodathome"
<tonywoodathome@t...> wrote:

> Frustrated.....
>
> Can anyone recommend a good visual GCode editor, I have searched the
web and found many that claim to be the best only most fall very short
of the mark. My needs are simple, I design in DesignCad Max 3D, export
to .dxf then import in to sheetcam, however I need to add snap out
tabs to the GCode. When the file is short this is easy however as the
files get bigger finding the correct place to break the line is more
time consuming. I would like a editor that has a relationship between
the graphic view of the part and the GCode so I can click the line I
want and it highlighted in the text making changes easier.

> Anyone out there seen such a tool, I would appricated and pointers
>
> Tony

Tony you have stated that you use Designcad 3d for CAD and Sheetcam as
your CAM software so I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting
you buy another $700 program just for the edit feature.

You may find it worth while to have a look at Discriminator from
http://www.cncedit.com
This is a cheap editor that will allow you to see what line you are on.
there is a non expiring demo on the web but I'm not certain if this
feature in in the demo.
It may pay to email the guy and ask.
When you are in the graphics screen if you press S it wil single step
thru the job, hold the key down and it multisteps.
When you get to the part you want if you flip back to the edit window
the cursor is on that line.
Edit the code, cut and paste whatever you want or how ever you do it,
hit refresh and open the raphis window up again and your alterations
are on the screen.

Worth downloading the demo to try and you are not having to buy an
expensive program that you alreday have the best part of.

John s.

Discussion Thread

tonywoodathome 2005-04-06 06:56:15 UTC GCode Editor Bengt 2005-04-06 07:12:19 UTC Re: GCode Editor Fred Smith 2005-04-06 12:36:29 UTC Re: GCode Editor John Stevenson 2005-04-06 14:18:37 UTC Re: GCode Editor Jørgen Ditlev Christensen 2005-04-07 10:10:45 UTC GCode Editor