CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servos on Ebay

Dave Shiels wrote:

>I am a bit confused about some of these servo motors on Ebay. Seems lots
>of these things only have a tacometer on them. People see 2 sets of
>wires and assume encoders Am I correct in assuming buyer beware?

You bet! A servo motor with DC tachometer was a very standard item
in the past. The tach is pretty obvious, because there are only two wires
(and possibly a shield). But, just because it has more wires doesn't
mean it
is an encoder. It could be a resolver or a rotary inductosyn. (Both of
these
usually have 6 wires, plus shields.) Encoders can have 4, 5, 6, or 8, plus
shield.

Dave Shiels 2005-04-09 04:34:15 UTC Servos on Ebay cnc_4_me 2005-04-09 07:24:32 UTC Re: Servos on Ebay Jon Elson 2005-04-09 14:01:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servos on Ebay