CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ball screw pitch question please

Posted by Dhiren Shah
on 2005-04-13 13:35:27 UTC
LinkMotion from Solustan will allow you to set up all three axis separately
whether the resolutions are same or different.

You can use it in the Virtual Controller mode and control your step motors
and brushed servo motors.

You can use LinkMotion with Galil motion control boards for brushless servo
motors.

If you know either AutoCAD or Corel Draw, you do not need to learn any other
software to operate your machine.

Dhiren Shah, Dir., Operations
Solustan, Inc.
165 Chestnut St., #200, Needham, MA 02492
PH: 781-449-7666 FAX: 781-449-7759
WWW.SOLUSTAN.COM
WWW.LINKMOTION.COM

-----Original Message-----
From: sf7108 [mailto:sf7108@...]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 12:15 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ball screw pitch question please

Hello all,I have been lurking for a while and now I have a question
that I hope someone has a answer to my concern.I have been building a
bench top CNC from whatever I can machine plus parts from e-bay and
parts I find.Basic concept of what I have is Thomson rails and ball
screw on Z axis with .2 pitch per rev,and on X&Y,the same Thomson
rails,but with .5 pitch per rev.How will the controller(which I don't
have yet,nor have any idea of what to choose including motors)
understand the pitch differance's so that it can operate properly.I'm
still trying to put a spindle together at the moment,so all I have
now is manual axies until I select my servo's or steppers.It's
roughly 16" X,8" Y,9" Z travel machine.I hope I haven't shot myself
in the foot by not getting common pitch screws:(

Regards,Steve

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.