CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

New 7A, 80VDC 10 microstep drive

Posted by Doug Fortune
on 2000-06-09 22:13:38 UTC
Mariss Freimanis <geckohall@...> wrote:

> We are a new manufacturer of motion control drives here in
> Southern California. Our first product is a microstep drive, the
> G201. It features:
>
> 1 to 7 Amp phase current
> 24 to 80 VDC supply
> 10 microstep resolution
> Mid-band stabilization (2nd-order damping)
> Trimmer for low speed damping
> 200 kHz max step rate (opto-isolated)
> 2.5" by 2.5" by 0.85" size, 3.6 oz weight
> Disable input free-wheels the motor
> 20 kHz synchronous circuit (silent when stopped or turning slowly)
> 18 Watt dissipation at 7 Amps
> Black anodized enclosure, hook-up diagram silkscreened on cover.
> $99 introductory price
> 1 year warranty
> Made in USA
>
> If this is of interest, please visit our web-site http://www.geckodrive.com
>
> Mariss Freimanis
> Geckodrive Inc.

First of all - it looks nice.

Second - $99 is great, but getting just one at that price is silly for
members of this group. Very few of us run single axis machines!

I think to members of this group (and the NIST/EMC group) you should
offer batches of three (or four) at the 3*$99 (or 4*$99) price range (ie
enough for a complete machine).

Or at least let us identify ourselves as members and get a discount price
according to the number of our consolidated orders.

You would want to do this because of the good PR and our huge influence
on the industry :)

Doug Fortune
pentam@...

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2000-06-09 22:13:38 UTC New 7A, 80VDC 10 microstep drive Mariss Freimanis 2000-06-11 14:31:55 UTC Re: New 7A, 80VDC 10 microstep drive