CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: 3D Digitizing

Posted by Dean Lewis
on 2000-06-11 20:51:45 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Dan Mauch" <dmauch@s...> wrote:
> Chuck McGhee at http://www.candgresearch.domainvalet.com/ makes
the
X-Y
> double nut ball screw conversions and the Z axis ballscrew drive.
He'll do
> a great job for you if you decide to buy the Shoptask and add the
ballscrews
> and a fair price.

Ok... Thanks!

> If you buy the Maxnc digitizer it works separately from his the
Maxnc G code
> interpreter so you can use almost any of the standard programs such
as
> DeskNC, Cncpro, Maxnc (deluxstep and direction)
> Dan
(snip)

Oh really? I don't have any controller software and have been
looking at all the vendors and didn't see anyone reference to
digitizing. Seems to me that would be an excellent selling point!?!
I did notice that Ability Systems vaguely eludes to it, but not in
any detail.

Do you use digitizing? Could I so humbly ask about your results and
how each softare (if you have more than one?) handles the data
interpreted from the probe. I am fully aware of the time required
for doing even the most basic shapes. I am interested in how each
software handles the acquisition. Is there a numerical coordinate
limitation (part size) or does it parse the data to a file (or RAM)
for larger sizes (or resolution)? I would appreciate any light you
could shed on this for me and even possibly recommend one better than
the other. Thanks for your response.

Dean Lewis

Discussion Thread

Dean Lewis 2000-06-10 23:57:52 UTC 3D Digitizing walt smith 2000-06-11 00:21:22 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 3D Digitizing Bob Campbell 2000-06-11 05:36:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 3D Digitizing Dan Mauch 2000-06-11 06:40:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 3D Digitizing Tim Goldstein 2000-06-11 11:23:12 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 3D Digitizing Dean Lewis 2000-06-11 20:51:45 UTC Re: 3D Digitizing