CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: angular contact bearings for mill/drill ballscrews

on 2005-05-15 18:30:47 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ddfalck2002"
<ddfalck2002@y...> wrote:
> I am reworking my CNC'd mill/drill. I set it up over 5 years ago
and have learned a lot
> since then. I never did replace the thrust bearings for the X and Y
ballscrews. My mill still
> has the originals- balls captured by a stamped steel retainer that
are purely for thrust. I
> would like to replace them so that they can handle some side load
(mainly from timing
> belt mounted motor arrangement). My day job has me sometimes
sourcing ballscrew
> bearings for real machine tools (Barden matched sets @ $375 a set)
and I know I can't
> afford the 'real thing'. I am interested in angular contact bearings
that are affordable.

> I did a quick search through this list and DIY_CNC and didn't run
across any references to
> this. So... What are people using for replacing the bearings on the
endcaps on these mill/
> drills?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

The bearing guy on ebay has them although most are metric and the
selection is less that broad.

Metric, 10, 12, and 17 mm, around $15.00 each, or the 17 can be had
for $3.00 each (including shipping)

Discussion Thread

ddfalck2002 2005-05-15 10:52:21 UTC angular contact bearings for mill/drill ballscrews Leslie Watts 2005-05-15 11:21:32 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] angular contact bearings for mill/drill ballscrews ddfalck2002 2005-05-15 11:45:02 UTC Re: angular contact bearings for mill/drill ballscrews turbulatordude 2005-05-15 18:30:47 UTC Re: angular contact bearings for mill/drill ballscrews