CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: HP QEDS encoder

Posted by John Meissner
on 2005-05-18 09:01:04 UTC
That is.....unless the installer used "locktite" or some sealant on
the hub...as I have found out. :)

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Kelly" <tech@c...>
wrote:
> Got it sorted.. :-)
> You will need:
> a). a 1/32" hex wrench
> b). a small torch
> c). a LOT of patience
>
> Take a screwdriver and rotate the large round section on the back
of the
> encoder counter clockwise (and inwards) from the "Two dot"
setting, to the
> "One dot" setting.
> This opens up a small slot on the side of the encoder, in line
with the
> screwdriver slot you just used.
> Take a torch and peer into this slot whilst rotating the shaft.
You'll just
> be able to see the hub set screw as it passes (my encoder had a
small length
> of tube behind the slot that made this a bit harder).
>
> All you have to do now is insert the little hex wrench and back
off that set
> screw. A simple task that should take no more and half an hour to
get
> right!!!!
>

> You can then either undo the external mounting bolts or unclip the
back
> cover of the encoder. It should then just slide off.
>
> Good luck and thanks to those that replied with advice and support.

Discussion Thread

Paul Kelly 2005-05-15 06:59:30 UTC HP QEDS encoder Russ Waters 2005-05-18 07:16:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] HP QEDS encoder Paul Kelly 2005-05-18 07:41:54 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] HP QEDS encoder John Meissner 2005-05-18 09:01:04 UTC Re: HP QEDS encoder Paul Kelly 2005-05-18 16:00:28 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: HP QEDS encoder