CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: newbie to cnc

Posted by nashroute
on 2005-05-22 14:55:37 UTC
Try talking to Bob Campbell at BobCampbelldesign.com ))))
He sells some great stepper motors at a good price. Also breaker
boards and is very helpful. later-- Nashroute@...--- In
CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "jntambs" <jntambs@v...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been wanting to get in to cnc for some time. I have some
> experience with machining (mainly self taught) and have a nice home
> shop setup. I am thinking about building a cnc mill to learn about
> cnc, and to end up with a functional mill capable of working with
> steel as well as other materials. I recently found the 5 bears
> website and think that a mill along those lines is what I am
> interested in making. My problem is that as a beginner this whole
> area seems overwhelming. I have begun to read the archives here but
> with 68,000 posts this will take a long time.
>
> My question is can anyone suggest some good books or resources to
use
> that begin at the novice level and work forward from there. I have
> always been somewhat intimidated by electronics and have a limited
> knowledge base in this area. I don't believe I will have a problem
> fabricating the equipment. I just don't know where to begin with
> controllers, drivers, which motors (leaning towards closed loop
servo
> system based on my research so far), software, etc.
>
> Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance
>
> Jim

Discussion Thread

jntambs 2004-01-01 08:21:10 UTC newbie to cnc industrialhobbies 2004-01-01 16:04:20 UTC Re: newbie to cnc jntambs 2004-01-02 09:49:44 UTC Re: newbie to cnc StevenManzer 2004-01-09 07:55:02 UTC Re: newbie to cnc nashroute 2005-05-22 14:55:37 UTC Re: newbie to cnc