CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: dog tag engraving machine

on 2005-05-23 11:02:55 UTC
Elliot wrote:

> My dog has new dog tags, made by a coin operated machine at the
> local pet store. This is a CNC engraving machine.

Our three dogs all have nametags made on such a machine also. As far
as I can see, it is a "diamond drag" type of engraver. The Z axis is
heavily built, and just pushes an engraving stylus around on the
blank. Nothing rotating at all. Drag engraving is a pretty standard
way of doing small metal tags (I've been reading about it while
reconditioning a second-hand Roland engraving machine I hope to do
such work on--well, scribing lines onto brass as an adjunct to my
photoetching--I hope to be able to engrave finer lines than I can
reliably etch.)

Best regards,

Randy

Discussion Thread

Elliot Burke 2005-05-23 10:39:10 UTC dog tag engraving machine Randy Gordon-Gilmore 2005-05-23 11:02:55 UTC Re: dog tag engraving machine