CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Thanks on Help Threading

on 2005-06-01 07:00:32 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Victor A. Estes"
<emc3zach@h...> wrote:
> Andy Wander, Justin Hirsch, Russ Waters, Juan Gelt, W Thomas and
Sean from RS Machine, thanks for all of your input. I am going to
have to purchase the proper die and die handle (a 2" incher) for this
project and then work on getting my lathe outfitted with the proper
encoders and rpm readouts and such to be able to single point thread
in the future. I know it can be done, just have to put all of the
pieces together. Thanks again for all of your help

> Victor

Hi Victor,

Seems that either you got responses from other lists, or a lot of
people responded off-list.

In thinking more about the project, it does appear that you would have
to have a spindle postion device, an encoder of some sort.

The 11/32 ( 0.6875) is really large for the lathe to be able to cut
under power execpt for a single point type cutter.

I am glad you did get an answer. (curious what it was) but may I
suggest you considder what it would take and start planning ?

The encoder for the spindle can be really simple so it is not a very
complicated project.

I am not sure if EMC does lathe threading, but I would expect it does.

Dave

Discussion Thread

Victor A. Estes 2005-06-01 06:36:05 UTC Thanks on Help Threading turbulatordude 2005-06-01 07:00:32 UTC Re: Thanks on Help Threading Victor A. Estes 2005-06-01 08:00:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Thanks on Help Threading