CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Mystery driver and motor

Posted by robertokx
on 2005-06-04 06:12:12 UTC
Further to my previous post I think I worked out what some of the
connection points on the Driver mean. I found a drive made by Mycom
which has the similiar marking
"CW" means clockwise
"CCW" of course means counter clockwise.
"HEAT" is a warning when the temperature on the heat sink gets to
high.
"CO+" or "CO-" this is current off/on
"C.Adj" is the current adjustment for the motor.
"CC.Adj" Current cut-off adjustment

There is still a switch on the driver to switch between "G" and "B"
which I havent worked out.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "robertokx"
<robert.okx@s...> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I purchased a ballscrew from an auction and it came with a driver
> and motor. The only problem is that I don't know precisely what
they
> are, their specifications, how to wire the driver etc. There are
> very few markings and these all result in a dead end when I Google
> them.
> My first thought was that the motor was 4 phase Unipolar as it had
5
> wires excluding the earth. In addition the driver has a switch
> labeled H and F which I guess could be half and full step.
> What confused me was the motor (Nema42) did not have the same
> coarse "ratchety" feel as other stepper motors which I have.
Perhaps
> this means that they are better quality or higher resolution ie
400
> steps or perhaps a difference type of motor entirely. How can you
> tell?
> The driver is also a bit of a mystery to me. It's made in Japan.
It
> has a circuit attached to the top by a local Australian firm which
> has 2 fiber optic cables attached. It appears to have a built in
> transformer (ie from Ac100v to whatever)
> Running down the unit it has the following:
> Red "POWER" Led
> Green "MONI" Led – ??
> Yellow "HEAT" Led - ?? running hot warning??
> Switch for "F" or "H" – I assumed this was Full vs Half
> "C.ADJ" trimmer pot ??
> "CC.ADJ" trimmer pot ??
> "CW+" (PS VCC)??
> "CW-" ??
> "CCW+" (PS VCC)??
> "CCW-" ??
> "CO+" (PS VCC)??
> "CO-"??
> "MON"??
> `HEAT"??
> "COM –`
> BLUE – These are the motor wires
> RED– These are the motor wires
> WHT– These are the motor wires
> BRN– These are the motor wires
> BLK– These are the motor wires
> AC100V – I assume this is the main power input which should
> obviously be 100v.
> AC100V
> FG - Earth
>
> I have posted pictures at (if any one is interested):
> http://www.users.on.net/~robertokx/Driver.htm
> http://www.users.on.net/%7Erobertokx/Motor.htm
>
> It would be good to know what the step and direction inputs would
be.

> Sorry for the long detailed post.
> Anyway any advice/hints would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Robert

Discussion Thread

robertokx 2005-06-04 00:53:13 UTC Mystery driver and motor robertokx 2005-06-04 06:12:12 UTC Re: Mystery driver and motor turbulatordude 2005-06-04 08:00:10 UTC Re: Mystery driver and motor Jon Elson 2005-06-04 11:14:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mystery driver and motor robertokx 2005-06-05 20:18:10 UTC Re: Mystery driver and motor turbulatordude 2005-06-06 07:51:42 UTC Re: Mystery driver and motor