CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Galesburg CNC workshop - overall views

on 2005-06-27 14:57:33 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "John Stevenson" <john@s...>
wrote:
> Well this years workshop has finished and for the folk such as my
self who wasn't able to make the trip could we have some input over
what went off?

> I have seen some very good reports over on the Mach2/3 list on how
well it was recieved but there was more to do and on show that week.
> How did the various conversions go ?
> What were the views and reception encountered by the EMC guys?
> and for that matter the rest of the trade people who attended,
Fred Smith, Bob Campbell, Jim Cullins and the rest.

> John S.
Well John, I can only speak for myself. I had a great time! Had the
Rick-o-matic runnin', made a LOT of new friends and came up with a
million more ideas that I don't have time to do! LOL!
Art (mach1,2,3,...) Always had a group around him! Looked kinda like
a rock star with groupies!
As for the EMC guys, They worked on that darned machine every day in
a pole barn in ungodly heat...Sometimes until 1 or 2 AM!!!!I referred
to them as "pitbulls", because they just wouldn't stop!
The machines got done,I guess,and a lot of ideas were exchanged. I
never went to bed before midnight, and got up at 6:30am to start the
next day.
Roland will be posting the pics somewhere or on cd from all the
people that took pictures.
The best part also, was into the second day he was already talking
about the next year show! I can only imagine that next years show
will be even bigger and better! Rick