CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Thank you Jack - Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: P lease take a look over my shoulder - CAD CAM CNC Bench Mil l System

Posted by Bill Perun
on 2005-07-01 08:43:20 UTC
Jack
Thank you for your response. You have solved 2/3 of my system problem. As
you know, the web site you sent me, KDN Tool & Automation Engineering Co. in
West Warwick, RI specializes in the conversion of SIEG X1, X2, and X3 Mini
Mills.
I have the SIEG X2 Micro Mark #82573. KDN Tool provides a complete
mechanical conversion solution (including 3 axis ball screws made just for
my maachine, with precision balls, sized to remove back lash), complete
3-axis Basic Open Loop Electronics solution, or Advanced Open Loop
Electronics 3-axis solution, and Pacific Scientific Stepper motors (4 sizes
to choose from, with winding choices), - OR- imported cheaper stepping
motors. WHAT a MENUE !!!

Adding it all up
Advanced mechanical w ball screw kit
$850
shipping and handling
$25
Advanced Open Loop Electronics (3 axis), EAS based 3 amp per phase max
$525
bi-polar chopper drivers for stepper motors, Remote located 48 volt
power
supply, Standard DB-25 (parallel port) input from host PC, Compatible
with
most step and direction output CNC control software, Master Control
Relay
style Emergency Stop circuit. Home and limit switch interface via rear
mounted terminal strip for direct connection of switches. Output
control relay
interface connector provides optically isolated control of 24 Vdc relays
(optional relay box). Quick disconnect motor cables, Detailed
installation
and set-up instructions.
shipping and handling
$10
Pacific Scientific stepper motors (3 stepper motors)
$375
Powermill series, P22C NEMA 23, 203 oz/in standard mag. 3.1 amp
parallel connection, 3.9 mH phase inductance, double stack, double
shaft.

Total wo taxes
$1,785

Adding in what I paid for my SIEG X2 Mini Mill -
$470
Micro Mark Microlux #82573
shipping and handling
$80

Grand Total
$2,335

I will have a CNC converted cast iron base and all steel construction, w
variable
speed control, and #3MT spindle for only $2,335, a comparable machine
would sell for $6,000 to $14,000.

Jack, thank you very much. You have done me a great service.

Whelen