CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [Spam] RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Variable Transformer...my 2 cents worth....

Posted by Russ Waters
on 2005-07-15 08:03:08 UTC
Why yes it does! The designer of the power supply/controller said that a transformer would of be less costly, but this allowed him to adjust the dc voltage for the maxinum voltage for the drivers.... all I can say for the last 9 plus years it's been working very well.... the manufacture name of the small cnc milling machine is Crafter & Son..... There located in Montaina and I believe there still in business and have a web site.....

Russ

Alan Marconett <KM6VV@...> wrote:
Hi Russ,

What did the VARIAC control? Probably not the DC supply to stepper motors
interfaced to a PC. Maybe just the spindle?

VARIAC are not all bad, but they must be used (designed in) with care. In
the hands of the uninitiated, and with less then "commercial"
circuits/wiring, or in the hands of hobbyists, they can be dangerous!

We don't want to loose any members! So we make warnings that may sound
overly harsh. Sometimes 'ya gotta get their attention first! (my old shop
teacher).

Alan KM6VV

List Mom
List Owner