CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ?

Posted by davegsc@t...
on 2005-07-23 09:18:38 UTC
Hi David.

I'd be interested in seeing those VB subroutines.

Thanks

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ibewgypsie
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2005 5:39 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ?

Howdy..

Trying to figure out where I know your name from.. I think you have
been around as long as I have on the net (since dial up bbs's)

I rewired my machine to EMC hookup in thier manual. Never got the
software to install so I could work over the config file to run my
machine in the setup.

Running knoppix right now, I guess I am more of a mechanical geek
than a software one.

I think the last version I downloaded was Rel 44. Now this new
burner software don't want to burn bootable cdroms and I got to figure
out that before trying once again.

Most the problems with EMC is getting the Linux set up for the
myriad of machines out there. Setting up. SOme processors have windows
subroutines right there in the bios, they seem to be less linux
friendly. I favor INtel machines/intel processors. But of the two
machines The one here in the house seems to like Linux better. 1.6 gig
intel, intel motherboard, TnTRiva video..

I even offered to ship one box to a guy on the net to let him set it
up. The knoppix versions seem to be much better at configuring the
machine, but last time I tried to install it crashed and I got to
reformat..again.

One of the old guys at HSM board said the emc is a black hole where
you spend all the time you should spend machining working on software.

But then, Windows crashed last week and I lost over 8 hours
reinstalling Mach3 and getting it to work. I hate windows as a whole
but it is a good-fit-all for hardware. Silly me, I installed a usb
wireless network card, and it crashed the Mach3 timing generator.

Bought myself a 19" sony lcd monitor, guess what? My Mandrake hard
drive won't boot today.. improper display.. and.. Knoppix Cdrom
started right up, color and clarity is so much better I may quit
surfing with windows.

BUT back to basics. I got plenty of windows visual basic cnc/robotic
subroutines code I can post if anyone is interested. I am a supporter
of free connectivity between people, exchange of ideals and code.

Right now, I need to get out to the shop and make that there laser
scanner fly. if anyone here needs to see what I have cooked up so far,
email me. I'll try to explain what I am doing and how to make thiers
work. I plan on posting my code and a set of plans on ebay next week.
I'll try to sell it for a while then make it open-source. Robot-vision
is the same, I got this devantech sonar module I am mounting under a
camera on a sweeping servo mounted on a mobile base Rf controlled from
the laptop.. now to me that is FUN.. I don't waste time on games,
enough real life challenges for me.

David

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

ibewgypsie 2005-07-23 05:39:52 UTC EMC? Jon ? caedave 2005-07-23 07:34:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? davegsc@t... 2005-07-23 09:18:38 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? Roy J. Tellason 2005-07-23 15:19:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? Jon Elson 2005-07-23 15:41:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? ibewgypsie 2005-07-23 17:39:21 UTC Re: EMC? Jon ? Alex Holden 2005-07-24 01:06:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? caedave 2005-07-24 04:36:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? Roy J. Tellason 2005-07-24 09:44:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? Roy J. Tellason 2005-07-24 09:50:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? Alex Holden 2005-07-24 11:30:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? KM6VV 2005-07-24 11:59:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? caedave 2005-07-24 15:55:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ?