CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ?

Posted by KM6VV
on 2005-07-24 11:59:50 UTC
HI Alex,

As you've said, Forth is very tight, using words stacked on words, and can get
very hard to understand if not well commented.

I think I remember it being described as "self documenting", although I think
just the opposite is probably true.

I ran it to it in about '84, at the "Home-brew robotics" club in the bay area
(CA). One of the members was using it to run stepper motors. It appeared to be
quite powerful and compact.

A new job later had me writing code for a microwave sweeper, which had been
initially written in Forth, and subsequently in assembly (6801). So I had to
use the Forth code as reference material to the algorithms in the asm code.

Hadn't heard much of it sense. I got a business trip to Anaheim to learn 'C' in
a week; wife and two very young boys got a trip to Disneyland.

My concentration stayed on 'C' pretty much from then on (and asm). The 'C' has
served me well.

It would be curious to study the language, now that I have been programming for
a few years.

Alan KM6VV

Discussion Thread

ibewgypsie 2005-07-23 05:39:52 UTC EMC? Jon ? caedave 2005-07-23 07:34:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? davegsc@t... 2005-07-23 09:18:38 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? Roy J. Tellason 2005-07-23 15:19:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? Jon Elson 2005-07-23 15:41:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? ibewgypsie 2005-07-23 17:39:21 UTC Re: EMC? Jon ? Alex Holden 2005-07-24 01:06:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? caedave 2005-07-24 04:36:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? Roy J. Tellason 2005-07-24 09:44:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? Roy J. Tellason 2005-07-24 09:50:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? Alex Holden 2005-07-24 11:30:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? KM6VV 2005-07-24 11:59:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ? caedave 2005-07-24 15:55:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC? Jon ?