CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Z-Axis Drive - - Tips and Suggestions

on 2005-09-01 09:50:40 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "mayfieldtm" <mayfieldt@s...>
wrote:
> Here is a question I posted at the "CNCZONE" Forum, yesterday, with
> no takers. Maybe I'll have better luck here.
>
> I'm about ready to start construction of a Z-Axis Assembly from plans
> purchased from Jeff Davis at www.homecnc.info .
> I'll be installing it in a mill/dill (round column type) from Grizzly.
>
> Has anyone built this, and have any tips, suggestions or
> modifications, that I should first consider?
>
> Looking over the plans, Jeff, seems to have thought of everything and
> has come up with a very nice design.
>
> My only concern at this point is to possibly come up with some way to
> be able to maintain (or easily change over to) the manual operation
> of the Drill.
> Coming up with some way of disengaging the Z-Axis Drive from the
> Spindle Clamp should be easy enough, its that blasted Return Spring
> that has me stumped, rather it might fight the Z-Axis Drive or should
> have some sort of disengagement, also?
>
> Tom M.

The return spring is nothing more than a counter balance. is should
have not discernable effect in the CNC operation.

Dave

Discussion Thread

mayfieldtm 2005-09-01 07:21:40 UTC Z-Axis Drive - - Tips and Suggestions turbulatordude 2005-09-01 09:50:40 UTC Re: Z-Axis Drive - - Tips and Suggestions mayfieldtm 2005-09-01 15:32:28 UTC Re: Z-Axis Drive - - Tips and Suggestions dzahn99 2005-09-02 20:14:15 UTC Re: Z-Axis Drive - - Tips and Suggestions wthomas@g... 2005-09-03 18:28:25 UTC ReW.E.T.: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Z-Axis Drive - - Tips and Suggestions