CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Which controller card for EMC? Ballscrew Class ?

Posted by leslie watts
on 2005-09-28 13:07:26 UTC
BTW Jim,

EMC DOES have error mapping of the ballscrew.
I measure the accuracy with long gage blocks derived
from micrometer standard test bars. I use a mechanical
cam arrangement to match the tandem x axis screws.

Hiwin precision rolled screws are of 4 point contact gothic arch
type...with oversized balls. Combined with mapping I get
about +/-0.0005" within the work envelope at 25c. They grow quickly
as they get warm. I think emc has temperature growth compensation,
but I currently don't use it.

Only disadvantage is 4 point contact screws have a lot more ball
skidding and therefore might not last as long.

Accuracy class definition is dependent on the manufacturer.
A more standard measure is E300...position error due to pitch
deviation in 300 mm or about a foot.

Les

Leslie M.Watts
L M Watts Furniture