CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 4464

on 2005-10-09 06:37:45 UTC
Message: 3
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 21:07:38 -0500
From: Jon Elson <elson@...>
Subject: Re: does anyone have an Eldorado Bridgeport

gypsypeet wrote:

>I am looking to buy a 1st mini-mill. Considering the Shopmaster
>Eldorado Bridgemill.
>Does anyone have any opinions on this unit - good or bad.

It looks like the craziest lashup I've ever seen. I really can't see
why it would be any advantage over the other 3-in-1 type machines,
which make pretty poor mills.

Jon

I have used a friends Eldorado and I am extremely impressed. The Mill head
is mounted on a 5 column arrangement with a large electric motor and lead
screw which allows you to raise and lower the head while still staying on
center. My friends mill is CNC but can also be operated manually. The
spindle collets are R-8 so tooling is plentiful. The built in DRO mounts is
a real plus too. If I can save up enough dough, that will be my next
machine.

The Lathe is large enough to turn brake rotors too.

Bill

Discussion Thread

William C. Griggs 2005-10-09 06:37:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 4464