CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 4457

Posted by B B
on 2005-10-15 15:13:54 UTC

From: "Blue"
From: Thos J Powderly
From: Jon Elson
From: Jon Elson
From: Paul
From: juan gelt
From: "rolandfriestad"
From: "turbulatordude"
From: "Paul Kelly"
From: juan gelt
From: "vutranvy"
From: "Paul Kelly"
From: Jon Elson
14. Re: Re: Waterjet - HomeBrew
From: Jon Elson
15. RE: Re: Stepper Motor Driver
From: juan gelt
16. Re: Stepper Motor Driver - Zoltar
From: "turbulatordude"
17. Re: Stepper Motor Driver
From: juan gelt
18. RE: Re: Stepper Motor Driver - Zoltar
From: "Paul Kelly"
19. Re: Re: Waterjet - HomeBrew
From: stuart dean

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 23:01:09 +0100
From: "Blue"
Subject: Re: Stepper Motor Driver

Hi,

Nice to know, Isure won't deal with someone who doesn't play the game
fairly.

Regards,

Terry

| yah...the guy has the clever idea that it's the way to
| finance his business by not paying suppliers til he
| sells the stock he bought. And dragging it out as long
| as possible even after.
| 5 of those kits, including the stepper controllers
| were mine. once he was able to bankrupt me (that part
| of my business, at least) he offered me a dime on the
| dollar.
| i finally got 1000$ each for the 'rights', but that
| sure was the end of dealing with him.
| quite apart from the fact that charging 40$ for
| something i sold at 12 is offensive to me.
|
| --- Blue wrote:
|
| > Hi,
| >
| > I thank you for the offer but I'm sure I can build
| > it with strip-board. I
| > take it this company has upset you?
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Terry
| >

| > | no, it will not self destruct.
| > | the international rectifier hexfets have a built
| > in
| > | reverse diode that will handle FULL LOAD CURRENT.
| > | they are sweet chips.
| > | However, irfz is NOT the right choice - use
| > IRLZ54.
| > | these are made to run on logic level input.
| > | digikey has them.
| > | if you want a nicer circuit that's about as
| > simple,
| > | grab the pdf from this link.
| > | http://robotstore.com/catalog/display.asp?pid=63
| > | (i do not endorse this company. in fact, before
| > you
| > | buy that kit from em, i'd rather send you boards
| > for
| > | free!)
| > |
| > |
| > | --- Jon Elson wrote:
| > |

| > below.
| > if
| > where

| > |

| >http://www.electronic-kits-and-projects.com/kit-files/3000/3179.pdf

| > 17, as
| > 60

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 17:09:54 -0500
From: Thos J Powderly
Subject: emc2 BDI-4.xx

I want to get emc2 and halcope to try custom mcodes

I followed all the recent notices about BDI3.25,6,7,8,9,30
that fixed (god knows what it fixed after all this confusion,
paul did something for les watts's hiccups at quadrants )

I tried to install almost every one of those rapid fire revisions
and after each install, read about a newer one.

then 4.30 finally installs
and emc2 wont configure
and I find this teensy note on sourceforge as the reason why emc2 wont
configure

John K sez emc2 wont build with the current 2.6 kernel

well that note was from 2004
is it still true?

I did an anonymous checkout today & then ( as opposed to the notes on
Linuxcnc.org which have you in the wrong directory... )
cd src
./configure
results in...
checking for /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.12.6-magma/include/linux/version.h
usability... no
presence... no

well. it's some use of the word presence that i'm not familiar with,
cuz I went there & read the dang thing

what version BDI do I downgrade to to get emc2 to build? AND have Halcmd and
Halscope working? What kernel version is neccesary? Any other caveats?

TomP

Message: 3