CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Any info on controlling spindle speed of 7x12 mini lathe

Posted by Peter Homann
on 2005-10-27 15:52:27 UTC
Hi,

Have a look at the DigiSpeed at
http://www.homanndesigns.com/DigiSpeedDeal.html It will do what you want.

If you want to build an interface circuit yourself, be careful. The
reference ground for the speed controller is at mains potential
(Actually, 10 Volts less) and can be lethal.

Connect it to your computer ground and a lot of magic smoke will escape.
Oh! you may get a light show as well.

The mini lathe controller will need to be opto isolate from any computer
circuitry.

Cheers,

Peter.

--
Web: www.homanndesigns.com
email: homann@...

Discussion Thread

zarzul 2005-10-27 08:59:06 UTC Any info on controlling spindle speed of 7x12 mini lathe turbulatordude 2005-10-27 12:07:03 UTC Re: Any info on controlling spindle speed of 7x12 mini lathe Peter Homann 2005-10-27 15:52:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Any info on controlling spindle speed of 7x12 mini lathe Paul Kelly 2005-10-27 16:01:51 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Any info on controlling spindle speed of 7x12 mini lathe